- Position Social Work Supervisor
- Division Alpha Recruitment
- Job Type Permanent
- Location Auckland - South
- Ref# CE43445000000
- Posted 30 July 2020
- Close off 7 August 2020
The company and opportunity:
Our client is a not for profit organisation based in South Auckland who require a Social Worker Supervisor. This is a newly created opportunity, with a competitive salary on offer. Oh, and did we mention the offices are modern and snazzy? All the more reason to keep reading!
The Social Workers you would be supervising are office based and they deliver their services nationwide. They provide support to caregivers and their tamariki. Knowledge of Maori customs and ideologies is essential for this role, and if you can speak Te Reo Māori, even better.
The role, in a nut shell:
Some of your key areas of responsibility will include:
- Provide leadership and professional supervision to Social Workers, including live supervision to observe practice
- Reporting requirements are met as required
- Ensure a positive work environment for your team
- Provide mentoring and assistance for your team
- Implement strategies in consultation with the manager that assists the team to improve outcomes
- Contribute to the planning, implementation, evaluation and monitoring of care plans
- Ensure full compliance of recording
To be successful in this role:
- Qualification in Social Work, recognised by the Social Work Registration Board (SWRB)
- SWRB Registration with a current APC or working towards gaining registration
- Proven experience managing and supervising a team (Certificate in Clinical Supervision would be desirable)
- A high degree of both verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build and nurture relationships
- Previous training and experience in trauma informed practice
- Applicants require New Zealand citizenship or residency
Whats in it for you?
There are many benefits to this role, including location, salary, a very supportive manager, flexibility and the opportunity to gain great experience and growth. If this role sounds like you, please apply now!