- Position Social Worker - Community
- Division Alpha Recruitment
- Job Type Permanent
- Location Auckland
- Ref# CE585280000
- Posted 26 June 2020
- Close off 10 July 2020
The company and opportunity:
This is an exciting permanent Social Worker opportunity, for a home visiting programme delivered in the homes of whanau. This role will see you working with whanau's in Mangere. This is a Monday to Friday 8.30am-5pm role, where you will be working with an extremely supportive team and manager. Knowledge of Maori customs and ideologies is essential for this role, and if you can speak Te Reo Māori, even better.
This role would suit a new grad, or new into your Social Work career. With this role you will receive a work car provided for home visits, mobile phone and laptop, and of course weekly supervision will be provided too. This role also provides great flexibility!
The role, in a nut shell:
Some of your key areas of responsibility will include:
- Work with high needs families to provide Social Work
- Complete client/whanau assessments and plans
- Manage individual case load
- Build trusting relationships which are evidenced through case notes and client feedback
- Facilitate enrolment into a licensed early childhood education centre for children aged over 18 months
To be successful in this role:
- Social Work Qualification - there are some slight movement here for qualified teachers/ECE
- Currently registered with SWRB or working towards this
- Proven understanding of Social Work practices
- Knowledge of Maori customs and ideologies is essential
- You must be compassionate, and have the client and whanau's best interests at heart
- Clean criminal record
- Permanent NZ residency
- NZ Driver’s License
Whats in it for you?
There are many benefits to this role, including location, salary, a very supportive manager, flexibility and the opportunity to gain great experience and growth. If this role sounds like you, please apply now!