- Position Senior Technician
- Division Source HR & Recruitment
- Job Type Permanent
- Location Gisborne
- Ref# JG11121
- Posted 11 January 2021
- Close off 11 February 2021
Based in sunny Gisborne in their “State of the art” laboratory provides clients with a broad range of diagnostic testing and R&D activities. There main areas of expertise are; plant and soil health, water, air and food quality. Over the years they have evolved from their origins in grapevine health certification to offer many other services in their accredited laboratory. They have a team of committed and highly trained professionals working across the business. Due to their growth, they are now in the market for a Senior Technician to supervise both Chemistry and Microbiology.
The main purpose of this role will be to support and lead all departments as required to meet work load by overseeing technician and seasonal staff. You will also participate in both testing and, research and development and also support sample collection.
To be considered for this role you will possess the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Tertiary qualification in science with at least 10 years’ experience in an analytical testing laboratory such as water, food, medical or equivalent.
- Ability to achieve IANZ KTP status in multiple test areas (chemistry and microbiological) and previous participation in R&D, method development and improvements.
- Proven ability supervising, training and mentoring less experienced staff in procedures and techniques
- Excellent organisational and time management skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Well developed communication skills both written and oral and the ability to foster a positive culture and working environment with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong focus on Quality Systems and upholding IANZ Accreditation
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a continuous improvement mindset.
- Computer literate and familiar using LIMSystems.
Moving forward this proactive growing company can offer a secure long term career path. You will work with a group of highly skilled technical professionals and a for a company highly respected in its field. They offer a competitive level of remuneration for the successful candidate. For further information on this fabulous opportunity call Janine Godfrey on 09 3204238