- Position Health and Safety Lead
- Division FreightWise
- Job Type Permanent
- Location Auckland - East
- Ref# JN39272
- Posted 12 February 2019
- Close off 11 March 2019
Join one of the market leaders in Logistics/Transport in NZ. National Company that prides themselves on the high level of service that they offer to their clients and providing a Safe and positive work environment for their Employees.
This role has been recently upgraded to lead the strengthening of health, safety and well-being across all of their sites. This role will be based in Auckland and will provide visible leadership on the multiple sites nation wide so some travel will be involved.
You will be task with a range of duties including the management of all Health and Safety functions for this Innovative Freight Solutions provider and be passionate about making the Distribution and Transport facilities safer. You will be part of a team who are fostering a positive safety culture and encouraging team members to become actively engaged in safety and well-being activities.
The main responsibilities will be:
- Ensuring business leaders are competent, accountable and committed to H&S
- Undertake investigations for notifiable incidents and injuries and make recommendations based on the findings
- Encouraging participation in H&S initiatives at all levels of the business
- Manage the training and development of staff
- Establish and maintain systems for on-going improvement on Health and Safety procedures.
- Provide reports and analysis as required
- Consistently striving to eliminate work-related injuries and illnesses by proactively managing hazards
To be successful in this role you will need to have a working knowledge of New Zealand's Health and Safety Act and Regulations and to have excellent interpersonal communication to liaise with a diverse range of people and be able to establish relationships with key stakeholders. You will be able to demonstrate that you can give sound advice in all areas of Health and Safety and preferably in the same industry or similar.
If you want to be part of a successful and innovative company then look no further. New Year and New Career Opportunity awaits.
Please send resume to Janice.email@example.com