- Position Health & Safety Manager x 2
- Division FreightWise
- Job Type Permanent
- Location Auckland - East
- Ref# JN39272
- Posted 8 March 2019
- Close off 1 April 2019
I currently have two clients in the Logistics/Transport Industry that are seeking Health and Safety Managers to join their team. They are looking for Managers that can deliver and develop a robust Health and Safety program as both companies pride themselves on the high level of service that they offer to their clients and providing a Safe and positive work environment for their Employees.
The purpose of these roles is to promote the ongoing health and well-being to a diverse workforce and to drive the health and safety and environment function, including support programmes, advice and education for their people as well as legislative compliance. This innovative Freight Solutions provider is passionate about making the Distribution and Transport facilities safer. You will be part of a team who are fostering a positive safety culture and encouraging team members to become actively engaged in safety and well-being activities. As their are multiple sites for one of these roles you will be required to travel throughout NZ.
Both of my client companies are based in Penrose.
The main responsibilities will be:
- Ensuring business leaders are competent, accountable and committed to H&S
- Undertake investigations for notifiable incidents and injuries and make recommendations based on the findings
- Encouraging participation in H&S initiatives at all levels of the business
- Manage the training and development of staff
- Establish and maintain systems for on-going improvement on Health and Safety procedures.
- Provide reports and analysis as required
- Consistently striving to eliminate work-related injuries and illnesses by proactively managing hazards
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- a relevant tertiary qualification and proven safety management experience
- a working knowledge of New Zealand's Health and Safety Act and Regulations
- a thorough understanding of obligations under the ACC Workplace Safety Programme
- to have excellent interpersonal communication to liaise with a diverse range of people and be able to establish relationships with key stakeholders.
If this sounds like you and you are keen to join a future focused organisation who is extremely focused on the health and well being of their team, then please give Janice a call on 0274901028 or email resume to email@example.com