- Position Accounts Assistant
- Division Alpha Recruitment Wellington
- Job Type Contract
- Location Wellington - Central
- Ref# KT2020
- Posted 17 December 2019
- Close off 24 January 2020
Our client is based in the Public Sector with offices in Wellington Central just a short walk from the Beehive.
They are currently looking for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join their team early next year on a Fixed Term contract which will run from mid-January 2020 to June 2020.
This is a rare opportunity for this time of the year so it's best to get in now!
About the job:
The Accounts Officer is the sole staff member responsible for the processing of all accounts payable and other financial transactions for the company. In addition the Accounts Officer provides back up to the payroll function as required.
- Prepare and process all payments for creditors
- Ensure invoices and expense reimbursements are entered accurately, appropriately coded and forwarded to the relevant manager for approval
- Check all Accounts Payable batches for accuracy prior to payment
- Process all urgent payments as required
- Ensure that the financial administration of all travel is undertake
- Reconcile supplier statements on a monthly basis
- Process adjustment journals as required
- Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts as required
- Provide backup support for the processing of payroll
- Assisting with any other Accounts Admin as required
- Excellent data entry skills
- Experience in a financial processing role including accounts payable and payroll
- Attention to detail
- The ability to prioritise and manage workflows
- High level of productivity and initiative
- Planning and organisational skills
- Experience working with financial administrative systems and processes
- An understanding of basic accounting principles
- Basic Microsoft Office skills – Word, Excel
- Strong communication skills
- An understanding of the machinery of government is desirable
If this sounds like you then "Apply Now".
Please note ALL applicants MUST be able to work in NZ or hold a current work visa and be BASED in Wellington.
Contact Kelly on (04 928 1027) for more information.