- Position Laboratory Technician - Microbiology Department
- Division Source HR & Recruitment
- Job Type Temp
- Location Auckland - West
- Ref# LM2233
- Posted 14 January 2019
- Close off 28 January 2019
Our client is a leading edge assurance company providing services that span the entire food supply chain with a combination of audit, inspection, farm assurance, biosecurity, advisory and food testing capabilities. They have leading positions in core markets of New Zealand and Australia, and are continuing to grow their presence across the Asia Pacific and Gulf States regions.
We are currently looking for a Technician's to work in the Microbiology laboratory.
The role will be responsible for:
- Assisting with Sub Sampling
- Pathogenic bacteria testing.
- Media transferring.
- Ensuring procedures and guidelines are followed for the completion of all testing.
- Ensuring correct instrument procedures are used and adhered to.
- Ensuring filing/archiving system is maintained.
- Use of technical equipment as required in line with standard operating procedures.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have NZ Bachelors degree with a major in Food Science, Microbiology or related degree
- Familiar with aseptic technique
- Have excellent attention to detail and be able to work to tight deadlines
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be available to work weekends and be flexible with shifts
These roles are entry level graduate positions and will require someone who is able to work 40 hours per week and preferably start immediately.