- Position Graduate Technician Roles - Large Food Testing Lab
- Division Source HR & Recruitment
- Job Type Temp
- Location Auckland - West
- Ref# LM2233
- Posted 27 February 2019
- Close off 28 March 2019
Our client is a leading edge assurance company providing services that span the entire food supply chain with a combination of audit, inspection, farm assurance, biosecurity, advisory and food testing capabilities. They have leading positions in core markets of New Zealand and Australia, and are continuing to grow their presence across the Asia Pacific and Gulf States regions.
We are currently looking for University Graduates for various roles within their facility.
The role will be responsible for:
- Assisting with Sub Sampling
- Pathogenic bacteria testing.
- Media transferring.
- Ensuring procedures and guidelines are followed for the completion of all testing.
- Ensuring correct instrument procedures are used and adhered to.
- Ensuring filing/archiving system is maintained.
- Use of technical equipment as required in line with standard operating procedures.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have NZ Bachelors degree with a major in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, Biotechnology or any food related (NZ) qualifications
- Familiar with microbiology and chemistry techniques
- Have excellent attention to detail and be able to work to tight deadlines and timeframes
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be available to work weekends and be flexible with shifts
These roles are entry level graduate positions and will require you to work 40 hours per week. Preferably you will be available to start immediately or within 1 week of securing the assignment.
Please note: You must be currently based in Auckland to be considered for these positions.