- Position Sample Reception Technician - Food Safety Industry
- Division Source HR & Recruitment
- Job Type Temp
- Location Auckland - West
- Ref# LM8250
- Posted 4 January 2019
- Close off 28 January 2019
Our client is a leading edge assurance company providing services that span the entire food supply chain with a combination of audit, inspection, farm assurance, biosecurity, advisory and food testing capabilities.
We are currently looking for staff to work in the sample reception department. This department is a very important part of the facility and is responsible for processing all food samples before they go through to the various labs for testing.
Full training will be provided however the main responsibilities of this role will include:
- Sample unpacking and labelling
- Splitting samples and preparing for testing
- Registering samples in the laboratory database
- Maintaining filing/archiving
- Liaising with internal and external staff and customers
- Delivering samples to appropriate labs for testing
- Ensuring records are kept up to date
We are looking for someone with the following attributes:
- These roles would suit candidates who have left high school and have an interest in science
- Preferably have NCEA to level 2 in some science subjects (not essential)
- Preferably have some previous lab or customer service experience (preferred but not essential)
- At least 1 year work experience in a busy fast paced role (fast food or supermarkets)
- Flexible with shifts - the work will be rostered and may include a day in the weekend.
- Preferably available immediately
- Able to cope with working to tight timeframes and deadlines
If this is your new career direction and you are wanting to work for a leading NZ owned Food Safety laboratory please email your cv.
These roles will require candidates who can work approximately 40 hours per week. These are ongoing temporary roles.