- Position Senior Project Manager - IAAS (Migration)
- Division Alpha Recruitment
- Job Type Contract
- Location Auckland - East
- Ref# MH42478
- Posted 13 February 2020
- Close off 28 February 2020
Our large organisational Client is looking to complete the next phase of the Baas Transition project,which is base infrastructure (connectivity, Firewalls etc) to enable workloads to be migrated from the Company's data centres to another IaaS services, which will complete the migration of approx around 3,000 workloads. The workloads will mainly go offsite, but in some cases, to AWS, Azure, etc. The IaaS Transition project has a number of substantial activities that needs managing with execution of tasks, as listed below. They seek a Senior Project Manager who has experience in IAAS Migration to join them for a 6 month contract.
Project & Tasks.
- Managing interactions of the IaaS Transition project, with specific focus on the Company-led parts of the RACI.
- Transition plan – Completion of the IaaS Transition plan document.
- Resource planning – Planning and scheduling of contract and backfill resources for Service Establishment and Workload Migration.
- Interworking within the Company. Interworking with the Design and Transition Leads, Service Management and Operations, and the potential Service Release Manager, Test Manager.
- RAID – Documenting, tracking and managing IaaS Transition project Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Dependencies.
- Project reporting – Tracking and reporting progress to key stakeholder groups like the IaaS PSG, plus tracking and implementing decisions and variations that impact on the project.
- Project comms – Managing effective comms to stakeholders and impacted groups, including Service Desk, ISSP Comms, etc.
- In-scope Discovery – Managing the Discovery work stream to flesh out prerequisites, workloads, subnets and applications.
- Base infrastructure (BI) implementation – Managing tasks related to establishment, testing and service readiness of the IaaS Based Infrastructure, including Connectivity, On-site AD, Firewalls, Load Balancers, Security, etc.
- BI testing – Managing creation and execution of test plans for the BI, and managing the interworking for independent assurance.
- Service Management readiness – Managing implementation of the Service Management readiness tasks, as set out in the IaaS Service Management Implementation Plan.
- Pilot 2 execution – Managing execution of Pilot #2, including delivery of the Pilot 2 report, and signoff by the IaaS PSG.
- Staff training – managing training on Cloud Creator, use of SCOM for IaaS Capacity Management, Site Inductions, etc.
- Company readiness – Managing and validating the Company's overall readiness, including Solution, Service Management, Migration and Business Readiness for migrations to begin.
- Preparation – Establishment and readiness of the Transition Team, agreement of test strategies, communications planning, workload placement decision tree, and initial migration wave planning.
- Migration waves – Supporting and managing the execution of the initial migration waves until they have settled down into a regular cycle.
- TaaS – There may be some TaaS activity and/or a TaaS POC that needs a % of time.
- ICT Service Management experience is essential.
- Strong stakeholder Management and IaaS experience is highly desirable.
If you are looking for a challenging 6+ month project, with great rewards, this maybe the contract assignment for you. To apply for this role you will need a valid work visa and the required experience. Please send your CV details in MS Word to Merle at firstname.lastname@example.org