- Position Contracts Manager
- Division Alpha Recruitment
- Job Type Permanent
- Location Auckland - South
- Ref# MW398900
- Posted 29 April 2019
- Close off 24 May 2019
Our client is a Not for Profit Trust that established in 2001. They are located in Middlemore Hospital and partner with CMDHB but are a separate entity. They are a full-service site that offers potential sponsors a portal of access to a range of investigators, experts and a motivated patient population in the Counties Manukau Health area.
They have a small, friendly and dynamic work environment with a focus for excellence in quality, communication rapport, and adherence to best practise.
This role does not require Medical experience, they require a financial background (feasibility, budgets & contract negotiation) and a hunger to learn about Clinical Trials.
The Contracts Manager is a pivotal role in the future success of the organisation. The purpose of the role is to support organisational growth by providing sound strategic business management of new business. This involves building new relationships; and maintaining existing sponsor and third-party relationships, ensuring that new trials contracted in a time efficient manner while being fiscally advantageous to and strategically aligned to business. This relates to Pharmaceutical industry and medical device sponsored clinical trial activity as well as research projects funded through successful Health Research Council (HRC) grant applications. The Business Manager manages the process with the sponsor from feasibility analysis, budgeting, contracting, regulatory and insurance.
- Identify new business opportunities with new and existing Sponsors
- In partnership with Finance develop beneficial and competitive study budget with Sponsors
- Negotiate such budgets and trial amendments
- Manage contracts, insurance certificates, indemnity agreements, regulatory approvals and institutional approvals as to meet the KPIs of the business.
- Manage tracking and reporting of performance of the processes to ensure team accountability, financial viability and quality of service
The ideal candidate will hold the following experience and attributes:
- Experience in preparing and negotiating contracts
- Budget negotiations & experience with budgeting spreadsheets
- Superb time management skills
- Works autonomously and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and non-verbal
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills
- Very good task completion skills
- Competent MS Excel skills
- Basic understanding of contracts and legal concepts
A competitive salary, development opportunities through education funds and a welcoming environment with a strong team component. They also offer an orientation program and on-job training to help you settle into your role comfortably.
If you would like more information then please do not hesitate to contact Morgan at Alpha Recruitment!