- Position Inventory and Logistics Controller
- Division Alpha Recruitment
- Job Type Contract
- Location Auckland - South
- Ref# NF039370
- Posted 27 July 2020
- Close off 7 August 2020
Company / Role
Our client is looking for an SAP expert with excellent inventory management experience to assist a small team in Highbrook. Starting asap this role will be until the end of June 2021. You would be supporting a very small team but working for a large organisation. In this role will be fully utilising the Inventory modules of SAP and Maximo.
You will have problem solving and analytical abilities and experience managing the coordination of logistics resources to fulfil customers’ orders through ordering and scheduling.
- Undertake inventory and logistic activities as per company guidelines
- Perform critical inventory analysis in SAP to ensure accurate movement of stock
- Maintain updated and correct records of inventory, stock transfers and cycle counts
- Monitor product codes and troubleshoot quantity variances between physical stock and records
- Develop and advise improvements to existing operational procedures to the top management
- Respond to inquiries related to purchase orders; process orders for shipment
- Review weekly operations schedules and project requirements to ensure timely order fulfilment
- Manage KPI's by tracking accuracy rate of purchases and returns as well as damage items for quality control decisions
- Maintain positive relationships with suppliers/contractors and provide customer service as needed
To be considered for this role you will ideally have:
- Minimum 2-year relevant inventory control, logistics and/ or supply chain experience.
- Proven SAP (MM) and Maximo software experience with good working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office.
- 1-year tertiary diploma in supply chain is desirable
- Have a flexible approach to work times and patterns where required
- Full Class 1 driver licence would be an advantage
- Solid communication and organisational skills
- Have attention to detail and be able to accurately identify parts and products
- Be responsible for the daily logistical operations of parts and products
- Can communicate to all Stakeholders
- Pragmatic problem solver
If you are looking for a challenge that would fully utilise your previous skills and experience and would be happy to work between 27-35 hours a week then apply now to be considered.