- Position Casual Ward Clerks Wanted
- Division Alpha Recruitment
- Job Type Temp
- Location Auckland - Central
- Ref# NO37949
- Posted 13 February 2020
- Close off 13 March 2020
We are currently looking to recruit temp/casual staff to cover long and short term ward clerk assignments located in a large health organisation in central Auckland. We ideally need candidates who have previously worked as a ward clerk as the requirement for these positions is often at short notice and minimal on the job training can be provided.
The shifts are usually Monday to Friday working 7-8 hour shifts between 7am and 4pm. Occasionally we also have requirements for evening shifts from 3.30pm to 7/8pm.
As a front line contact for all admissions to the ward this role is responsible for the following:
- Greeting any visitors to the ward and fielding all incoming phone calls
- Using the in-house systems to admit and discharge patients on the ward
Management of patient's assessment files
- Arranging and monitoring patients movements
- Communication and liaison with all team members
- Assisting in ward management functions
To be considered for these roles you will:
- Have previous experience working as a ward clerk or in a front line medical reception position
- Have excellent communication skills and a friendly, courteous and professional manner
- Feel comfortable working in a busy and at times stressful environment
- Be highly proficient with your computer skills - familiarity with the relevant hospital database applications would be a major advantage
- Be flexible to work at short notice in both long and short term assignments
The ward clerk position can be a very busy but highly rewarding role. As a casual ward clerk you are given the variety of working in a number of different wards and departments.
If you are looking for casual work and this position sounds like it'd be a good fit for your skills and experience then apply now with your CV.
Please note: Due to the large volumes of applicants only successful candidates will be contacted