- Position Financial Accountant
- Division Asset Recruitment
- Job Type Contract
- Location Hamilton
- Ref# ST61023
- Posted 15 November 2023
- Close off 17 December 2023
- Immediate start - 6 Month Contract
- Flexibility to work from home 3 days a week
- Potential to lead to a permanent position
Our client is growing fast, overhauling their operations, breaking down hierarchy, smashing silos, and improving community planning. They have an exciting position for a Financial Accountant to join their team in Ngaruawahia, Waikato. The role of Financial Accountant is an integral part of the Finance Planning and Reporting Team delivering financial reporting, planning and performance insights, supporting robust decision making.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the development and preparation of key financial documents
- Reporting regularly on financial results including analysis where required
- Working with the Finance team to produce and interpret variance analysis reports on financial information.
- Planning projects relating to allocated areas in accordance with work plan agreed with Planning & Reporting Team Leader
- Training staff on basic business and financial principles when required
The successful candidate will contribute to the organisation’s understanding of its financial performance and support the organisation on its journey to deliver the goal of Liveable, Thriving and Connected Communities.
What we are looking for:
- Qualified Chartered Accountant or equivalent with at least five years' experience in a similar role
- Proven experience preparing and presenting financial statements and reports
- Exceptional communication skills
- The ability to think strategically
- Previous leadership experience
The Financial Accountant will be working with a diverse range of stakeholder groups, therefore exceptional communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships is a must.
Situated 10 minutes from Hamilton city, you've got the benefits of an easy commute, free parking, work-life balance, and the chance to hit the Hakarimatas on your lunch break.
Apply Now! Or send your CV to Carmel - firstname.lastname@example.org
You MUST have NZ residency or a valid work permit to be considered for this role.