- Position Laboratory Technician - Chemistry
- Division Source HR & Recruitment
- Job Type Temp
- Location Auckland - West
- Ref# VB1
- Posted 17 April 2019
- Close off 17 May 2019
Our client provides food safety and biosecurity services to the food and primary production sectors worldwide. Wholly owned by the NZ Government, they have built a solid reputation for delivering expert services and value to the entire food supply chain. Based at over 100 locations throughout Australasia and Singapore, they work alongside customers in over 40 countries worldwide, to assure the safety and quality of food being produced for millions of people.
We are currently looking for a Technician to work in the Nutritional Laboratory.
The role will be responsible for:
- Ensuring procedures and guidelines are followed for the completion of all testing.
- Ensuring correct instrument procedures are used and adhered to.
- Ensuring filing/archiving system is maintained.
- Use of technical equipment as required in line with standard operating procedures.
- Actively participate in audits.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have NZ Bachelors degree with a major in Chemistry, Food Science or related degree
- Be able to work well within a team
- Have excellent attention to detail and able to work to tight deadlines
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be available to work weekends and be flexible with working hours
These roles are entry level graduate positions and will require someone who is able to work 40 hours per week and preferably start immediately. Flexibility is essential as hours may fluctuate at times.
Please note: You must be currently based in Auckland to be considered for these positions.