- Position Laboratory Technicians - Chemistry
- Division Source HR & Recruitment
- Job Type Temp
- Location Auckland - West
- Ref# VB19
- Posted 26 November 2019
- Close off 27 December 2019
Our client is a leading edge assurance company providing services that span the entire food supply chain with a combination of audit, inspection, farm assurance, biosecurity, advisory and food testing capabilities. They have leading positions in core markets of New Zealand and Australia, and are continuing to grow their presence across the Asia Pacific and Gulf States regions. These positions will be based at the Auckland Food Testing Laboratory. This site works alongside customers to assure the safety and quality of food being produced for millions of people worldwide.
We are currently looking for Technicians to work in the Chemistry department. The roles will have a focus on chemistry based testing and techniques (vitamins, fats, proteins, trace elements).
The roles will be responsible for:
- Ensuring procedures and guidelines are followed for the completion of all testing and/or data processing.
- Ensuring correct instrument procedures are used and adhered to.
- Use of technical equipment as required in line with standard operating procedures.
- Ensuring that the Supervisor or Team Leader is aware of any delays or issues.
- Actively participate in audits and ongoing training.
- Complete special projects as and when required.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a new graduate with a NZ Bachelors degree (or postgrad Diploma) with a major in Food Science, Chemistry, Biotechnology or related chemistry based degree.
- Be able to work well within a team and be adaptable.
- Have excellent attention to detail and able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Have excellent clear communication skills (verbal and written).
- Be available to work weekends and be flexible with working hours.
- Be fine to work with chemicals.
Please note: You must be currently based in Auckland to be considered for these positions.