Contracting can be a very rewarding avenue for professionals willing to take their skills to market for discrete projects. Typically hourly or daily rates for contractors are considerably above those of permanent employed professionals, but the risks are higher as well, and employee benefits such as leave, insurance cover, payment for Statutory holidays is missing. However, Alpha does make it possible to minimise some of the risks of contracting by providing additional services to both direct and Alpha sourced contractors, including:
- Taking cover under Alpha's Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance at very reasonable rates.
- Using one of our incredible value Payments Services either while working for Alpha or elsewhere - Find out more.
Referrals for Contract Roles
Alpha has a growing list of large NZ clients and these clients are increasingly asking us to find the best contractors in the market.
Through our Alpha and Project Plus divisions we are frequently looking for PM's, BA's, Project Accountants, Developers, Project Coordinators, HR/OD/Change Practitioners, Testers and Service Desk staff.
We reward our enrolled contractors for referrals of other high performing contractors when we place these referred contractors into their first role. If you are enrolled with Alpha please let us know if you want to participate in this scheme and we will put you on the alert list for new roles as they come up.
The following resources are available to assist you as an Alpha Contractor.
- Click Here to Download a Resignation/Annual Leave Form
- Kiwisaver Deduction Form (online form or pdf)
- Kiwisaver Opt Out Form (online form or pdf)
- Click Here to Download the Online Timesheets Instructions