- Position Senior Policy Advisor Environment
- Division The Johnson Group
- Job Type Permanent
- Location Wellington - Central
- Ref# GC55650
- Posted 2 June 2020
- Close off 18 July 2020
Are you passionate about looking for realistic and commercially viable ways of achieving environmental outcomes?
- Working on an exciting and ambitious programme
- This is important and fast paced work
- Lots of policy analysis, advice and engagement opportunities
New Zealand is a hugely wasteful nation – one of the worst in the OECD. Our waste is causing harm to our environment and our national system of incentives, investment and regulation is not working as well as it should. New Zealanders are concerned about waste and so are decision makers.
We have an exciting and ambitious programme to improve our waste outcomes, ranging from proposals to expand the waste disposal levy, through to investing in infrastructure, through to regulating and phasing out harmful products. This is exciting and fast paced work, lots of policy analysis, advice and engagement involved.
Skills and Experience
Our ideal candidate will offer:
- demonstrated experience in policy development and design – central government policy experience or expertise highly desirable
- demonstrated skills in stakeholder management and engagement across diverse groups
- a desire to influence and think creatively to achieve results
- strong relationship management skills, quickly building credibility and trust
- curiosity and openness to develop Te Ao Māori.
Most importantly you will be passionate about looking for realistic and commercially viable ways of achieving environmental outcomes.
As well as being part of an innovative organisation with an important purpose of making Aotearoa, New Zealand, the most liveable place in the world, we offer you:
- A flexible by default approach to support your work-life balance
- Agile working, allowing you variety and challenges across the organisation
- Generous leave entitlements
- Te Reo Maori language courses (and te Reo Maori competency allowance)
- An active social club and employee networks
- Opportunities for development and education
If this role is of interest or you would like to find out more, please email your CV to Georgie Carter, at email@example.com, quoting reference 5565 or call Georgie on 027 325 2462 .