- Position Senior/Principal Policy Advisor
- Division The Johnson Group
- Job Type Contract
- Location Wellington - Central
- Ref# LW58510
- Posted 18 August 2021
Senior or Principal Policy Advisor – Legislation - Public Sector – ASAP start – Hourly rate contracts - Wellington based – Job Ref #LW58510
We have multiple hourly rate contract roles with central government agency clients who are looking for experienced Senior or Principal Policy Advisors to support and manage the development and delivery of some high-profile policy projects. These projects are at different stages, so the contractor needs to have a strong understanding of parliamentary processes and ideally be comfortable working across the full legislative process. Excellent written and analytical skills are also required along with the ability to engage effectively and build relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
Key areas of experience and deliverables:
- Experience supporting the development and delivery of policy and legislation
- Experience and expertise across the full policy development cycle, including policy drafting and development of advice to Ministers and Cabinet
- Support the development of effective advice to the Minister, Ministry senior leaders and project partners in the lead up to the consultation
- Knowledge of parliamentary and cabinet processes
- Understanding of the machinery of government
- Strong written and analytical ability
- Strong engagement skills with the ability to develop trusted and constructive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Understanding of working on complex system reviews and producing reports
- Justice sector experience or knowledge would be ideal
- Legal qualifications/Justice expertise would be a bonus but are not essential
As New Zealand’s only specialist public sector recruitment firm, The Johnson Group represents a wide range of clients from social to regulatory to economic sectors. We are always keen to meet candidates, talk about their career aspirations, share market insights and see how we can assist in your next career move!
For enquiries please email your CV in Word Format to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Job #LW58510.