- Position Policy Planner x3
- Division The Johnson Group
- Job Type Contract
- Location Wellington - Central
- Ref# LW59400
- Posted 16 August 2021
Policy Planner – Public Sector – up to 6 Month Contract – Hourly Rate – Job #LW59400
Our client is looking for experienced Policy Planners to work on a once in a lifetime piece work with a unique subject matter. Their services are essential to the people in New Zealand and include infrastructure development, community recreational facilities and planning, building and other regulatory services.
The Policy Planner role leads research, drafts policies and guidelines, monitors outcomes under the LGA and RMA, advising on planning policy and RMA matters, responding to plan enquiries and preparing planning strategies, analysis reports, plan changes and evidence. You can be involved in all stages of the policy cycle, from consultation and options analysis through to resolving Court appeals.
Your Main Responsibilities:
- Plan changes
- Planning policy and advice
- Analysis, Writing
- Internal and External Stakeholder Engagement
- Giving effect to higher order documents such as national policy statement
- Experience in both a policy planning & consenting environment desirable
- Good knowledge and demonstrated practical application (3+ years) of the Resource Management Act 1991 and allied legislation
- Experience within Local and/or Central Government
- Comprehensive understanding of plan changes
- Ability to achieve collaboration and cooperation
- Competent advising and writing skills
- Ability to mentor more junior planners in the team
- Membership of the New Zealand Planning Institute, or eligibility for membership
The initial engagement would be for 3 to 6 months, starting ASAP. The client allows flexible working arrangements (30-40 hours per week) on an hourly rate. Ideally, we are looking for someone full time with at least 3 years’ planning experience.
For enquiries, please email your CV in Word Format to email@example.com and reference Job #LW59400.