- Position Senior Advisor - Governance
- Division The Johnson Group
- Job Type Contract
- Location Wellington
- Ref# LW59880
- Posted 21 September 2021
- Close off 31 October 2021
Senior Advisor - Governance – Public Sector – 4-12 Month Contract – Hourly Rate – Job #LW59880
Our public sector clients are looking for Senior Governance Advisors to fill hourly rate contracts. While some of the roles sit within a well-established team, the other roles offer you to be part of a newly formed team.
The main purpose of the Senior Advisor Governance is to embed and enable effective governance within our clients’ organisation. You will be responsible for the governance frameworks and establishing and maintaining the processes and systems required to give effect to the frameworks. You will also be providing governance advice and secretariat support services to the Executives.
- Provide governance advice to the Executives and support to functional leads and chairs
- Provide secretariat support services
- Lead work to develop and maintain core governance systems and processes
- Lead and contribute to education and capability development to enable staff to contribute to the effective governance
- Relationship management and building partnerships
- Service Standards
- Senior (Governance) Advisor experience in government
- Senior Governance experience within a Crown Entity is highly desirable
- Practical skills in shaping and implementing governance systems and processes
- Understand relevant legislation and broader machinery of government and the implications for decision making
- Ability to build strong trusted relationships within the organisation and have well developed networks externally relevant to the function
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
We have a variety of roles for 4-6 or 6-12 months, ideally starting as soon as possible. There is good flexibility for part-time or full-time hours (24-40 hours per week/3-5 days per week) on an hourly rate basis. Ideally, we are looking for Senior Advisors who have experience in organisational governance or people with backgrounds in providing strategic level advice in cross-organisational contexts.
For enquiries, please email your CV in Word Format to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Job #LW59880.