- Position Programme Director
- Division The Johnson Group
- Job Type Contract
- Location Wellington
- Ref# LW60070
- Posted 14 October 2021
- Close off 4 November 2021
Programme Director OR Programme Manager – Public Sector – 12 months – Hourly Rate – Part-time - Job #LW60070
Our client is looking for an experienced programme director or programme manager with strong stakeholder engagement experience to work on the development and implementation of a strategic public sector programme in the science and natural resources sector. The focus of the programme is to establish the use of a science-based platform as a primary tool to assist government agencies with making decisions on funding and investment into natural resource based projects and programmes to help develop and improve outcomes for regional economies and communities.
The role is responsible for the delivery of this programme and to ensure there is regular engagement between central and local government agencies, councils and iwi.
Your Main Responsibilities:
- Partnership representation: direct engagement with the head office and regional staff on project priorities and progress; report to the Steering Committee on initiatives and evolving priorities.
- Programme oversight: provide recommendations on the work programme; identify shifts in the priority of projects within the programme; advise the Steering Committee on the changes of the work programme and take programme and project management plans to the Steering Committee for approval; ensure the programme delivers and supports all objectives and relationships.
- Programme Delivery and Science Leadership: influence research directions through applying a broad vision, sound knowledge of state-of-the-art capabilities, and innovative solutions to key scientific questions; set standards of research delivery; form and support effective programme teams; oversee programme management.
- External Engagement: lead engagement about the programme with key stakeholders to progress the programme and the individual projects; develop advice to provide Ministers to update them on programme delivery.
- Proven experience in similar programme director or programme manager roles
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills with strong networks in government
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships and influence others to move toward a common vision or goal
- Science background or experience with natural resources of advantage
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Understanding of the Principals of the Treaty of Waitangi
- Ability to participate confidently and competently in kaupapa Māori
The initial engagement would be for 12 months, starting early November. The role will be part-time 20-24 hours but there may be a need for additional work as the programme progresses.
For enquiries, please email your CV in Word Format to email@example.com and reference Job #LW60070.