- Position Senior Procurement Specialist / Advisor
- Division The Johnson Group
- Job Type Contract
- Location Wellington - Central
- Ref# MT55760
- Posted 19 June 2020
- Close off 18 July 2020
Our client is looking for a Senior Procurement Specialist / Advisor to help support the property and procurement team for 3 months during a busy time.
This large government department has two contracts coming up for renewal: Security Services and Café Services. With both contracts due to expire soon they are looking for someone to go to market for the tender and renewal of these services. This is a busy area so there might also be some additional BAU work. We are looking for a fixed-term contractor who ideally has experience working with these services, as well as a strong understanding and experience of working through the All of Government procurement process. Familiarity with the GETS system is also a bonus.
The principal areas of accountability are providing corporate services procurement advice and support and managing the Service’s property and assets to include;
Analysis & Research
- Collect and analyse information
- Undertake supporting research (as required) as part of a broader work programme
- Prioritise, gather and analyse qualitative and quantitative information
- Interpret and apply numerical and statistical information.
- Produce drafts of property and procurement advice
- Identify potential policy issues, risks, trends and opportunities.
- Contribute/lead the development of complex procurement plans to ensure successful execution of sourcing strategies
- Monitor supplier performance throughout the procurement lifecycle.
Administration and Support
- Contribute to Agency administration and use of the Govt Electronic Tender System (GETS).
Relationship Management Building
- Building relationships across the organisation, including through participation in working groups and meeting and networking with staff.
- Collaborate and work closely with key staff in other teams around procurement issues.
As New Zealand's only specialist public sector recruitment firm, The Johnson Group represents a wide range of clients from social to regulatory to economic sectors. We are keen to broaden our talent pool so we can be ready to assist our public sector clients.
For enquiries please email your CV in Word Format to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Job # JA5576.