- Position Senior Advisor – Ministerial Servicing
- Division The Johnson Group
- Job Type Contract
- Location Wellington - Central
- Ref# MT55980
- Posted 16 July 2020
- Close off 15 August 2020
ASAP Start, 6 months fixed-term role
We are looking for a Senior Advisor who is experienced across the suite of ministerial servicing responsibilities to join this busy and exciting central agency in a 6 month fixed-term role.
You will need to be comfortable with and well-versed in drafting responses to OIA requests, Parliamentary Questions, and Ministerial Correspondence.
The Senior Adviser is also responsible for providing proactive and strategic advice across all teams in the Ministry – including senior Managers and Directors. In addition the Senior Advisor is a key liaison point for Private Secretaries and the Ministers Offices – ensuring valued advice is provided to Ministers and improving the flow of feedback between the Ministry and the Ministers Offices.
You will use your knowledge and experience to coach and support the more junior members in the team to ensure all correspondence meets the high standards required.
Key elements of the role:
- Decentralised process, need to understand machinery of government and Official Information Act
- Working on Ministerial correspondence, drafting, OIAs, PQs
- Supporting Junior Staff
- Need to use initiative and be comfortable respectfully pushing policy team members for needed information
- Busy area, need to hit the ground running
This is a great opportunity to work in a busy team where every day brings a new challenge. The 6 month fixed-term contract provides job security and will see you over the all-important election period. In return our client is offering a competitive salary package and a collegial and supportive team environment, plus flexibility to work from home on occasion.
If this sounds like you please submit your CV to email@example.com