- Position Secretariat and Administrative Officer
- Division The Johnson Group
- Job Type Contract
- Location Wellington - Central
- Ref# MT56450
- Posted 7 October 2020
- Close off 21 October 2020
About the Role:
We have an excellent hourly rate contract opportunity for a Secretariat or Administrative Officer with a large government Ministry. You will be required to develop and maintain an effective relationship with an Independent Council Chair on all administrative and secretariat matters; and will be responsible for all matters concerned with the effective running of Council meetings.
- Develop and maintain a calendar of Council events (meetings and/or ad hoc activity).
- Build and maintain effective relationships with Council members to support effective administration.
- Co-ordinate and document member appointment, resignation, and succession processes.
- Develop and maintain a conflict of interest register.
- Circulate information to the Council as required and in conjunction with the Independent Chair.
- Coordinate Council member input on papers as required.
- Provide meeting support, assisting the Independent Chair to develop agendas, collate and circulate papers, prepare and circulate minutes and actions.
- Follow up to ensure actions are completed in a timely manner.
- Work with those preparing papers for meetings to ensure on-time delivery.
- Organise meeting logistics, venues, travel, catering etc.
- Manage correspondence of the Council.
- Keep records including Terms of Reference, agendas, minutes and actions.
- Manage contracts and payments.
Key personal requirements:
- A relevant tertiary qualification, ideally in plant biological science, business or a related discipline.
- Experience and knowledge:
- Proven ability to provide secretariat services to a committee representing diverse interest.
- Business acumen.
- Proven ability to build trusted relationships with a range of parties.
- Exceptional negotiation and facilitation skills and experience.
- The ability to prioritise complex and at times competing needs.
- Knowledge and experience of business and government agency management in a regulatory environment.
- Experience in managing relationships and consultation with diverse and complex stakeholders.
- The ability and skills to communicate with diverse audiences.
- Experience or an ability to represent technical and regulatory documents in simple understandable terms.
- Proven ability to work with stakeholders with diverse skill sets and approaches and constraint to build credible and enduring relationships.
- Understand and operate efficiently and effectively within the machinery of Government.
- At least five years’ experience in industry or government preferably with time in executive support officer roles (desired).
- A self-starter capable of working unsupervised.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Advanced computer and presentation skills.
- A proven ability to build successful and credible relationships that develop and maintain trust across a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Ability to take meeting records so they accurately record discussions and decisions providing a comprehensive record of the meeting.
- Ability to plan, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage the affairs of the Council in line with its Terms of Reference and New Zealand law.
- Ability to work under pressure often in situations where there are differences of opinion to ensure productive resolution of those situations.
Hours per week:
Please note, due to the nature of the work, the work hours can fluctuate week to week. Leading up to Council meetings, and the week of a Council meeting, there could be 30-40 hours work per week. Between meetings the work requirements may be as little as 1-5 work hours per week.
For enquiries please email your CV in Word Format to email@example.com and reference Job #MT5645.