- Position Healthcare Assistant
- Division Healthwise
- Job Type Temp
- Location Auckland - Central
- Ref# ER43191
- Posted 1 July 2020
- Close off 31 July 2020
Are you passionate about providing high quality care?
We are looking for confident and motivated Healthcare Assistants to cover casual assignments in hospitals and clinics around Auckland. COVID-19 has made your skills more in demand than ever, so we want to hear from you!
Healthwise Personnel along with Alpha Recruitment have worked with private and public hospitals for over 30 years. We have preferred supplier agreements within the DHB and are in the best position to secure a solid and ongoing career for you with opportunities for advancement!
Why join Healthwise?
- We cannot be beat on benefits for our temping team – competitive rates, movie nights, Christmas parties, temp of the month and year, Easter goodies and more!
- Career advancement and training
- Excellent work/life balance with a variety of assignments on offer
Basic duties include:
- Accurately update relevant research and patient documentation
- Answering calls and assisting clinical staff/nurses
- Preparation of beds
- Admissions and discharges
- Accurate reporting
- Sterilising equipment
- Re-stocking equipment & supplies
- Lab orders
- Cleaning & tidying rooms, bathrooms, clinics, waiting areas
- Other administration tasks as required
A bit about you:
- Experience in Healthcare Assistant roles
- Appropriate qualifications
- Clear criminal history/police record
- Excellent people skills
- High level of English comprehension
- Experience in gynaecology/mental health/oncology fields an advantage
- Experience handling clinical equipment such as sterilising equipment
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Being a champion at taking initiative
- Able to make decisions under pressure
- Competent reporting skills
Please note, shifts are ad-hoc and as required, so to be eligible you must be comfortable with casual work.
For more information send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com or call 095242336 today, we’d love to chat.