- Position Senior Advisor – Operational Policy / Ministerial Correspondence
- Division The Johnson Group
- Job Type Contract
- Location Wellington - Central
- Ref# MT55450
- Posted 19 March 2020
- Close off 10 April 2020
We are looking for Senior Advisors - Ministerial Correspondence and Operational Policy, generally covering operational policy analysis and advice, ministerial correspondence, briefings, parliamentary questions, OIAs, and governance. We are looking to broaden our talent pool so we can be ready to assist our public sector clients to meet their obligations during a time of change and disruption.
Types of activities that may be required include:
- Providing high quality, evaluative thinking and evidence informed operational policy analysis and advice to Ministers, as well as other internal and external groups, plus internal management to support decision-making.
- Providing high quality correspondence including Cabinet papers, Ministerial briefings, and responses to Parliamentary Questions, Official Information Act requests, plus Ministerial and other correspondence.
- Be prepared to respond to matters such as challenges or potentially controversial or politically sensitive issues that may arise and provide advice as required.
- Previous experience supporting governance systems to help achieve organisational outcomes would be advantageous.
- Self-starter with good initiative
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment
- Excellent relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Exemplary written and verbal communication ability
- Strong planning and organisation skills
These roles are paying market rate
As New Zealand's only specialist public sector recruitment firm, The Johnson Group represents a wide range of clients from social to regulatory to economic sectors. We are always keen to meet candidates, talk about their career aspirations, share market insights and see how we can assist in their next career move! We are keen to broaden our talent pool so we can be ready to assist our public sector clients.
For enquiries please email your CV in Word Format to email@example.com and reference Job # LJ5545 or please contact Marissa Taylor, 04 473 6699.