- Position Payroll Officer - Fixed Term
- Division Alpha Recruitment
- Job Type Permanent
- Location Auckland
- Ref# NO41849
- Posted 16 November 2023
- Close off 16 December 2023
Are you an experienced payroll professional on the lookout for a new opportunity in the New Year?
We have an excellent opportunity to use your extensive knowledge of payroll to assist with a Holidays Act project for a large healthcare organisation. The objectives of this project are to remediate current and terminated employees for any Holidays Act non-compliances and make changes to any HR systems including the payroll system, policies and processes to ensure the payrolls are compliant with the Holidays Act 2003.
This is an 8-10 month fixed term contract starting mid January 2024, working full time hours, based in Penrose (with some flexibility for hybrid work).
- Assisting with development of detailed project plans
- Analysing payroll data and assisting with solution development to enable compliance
- Analysing and interpreting payroll and personnel information in response to data queries
- Interpreting MECAs and IEAs
- Supporting the payroll systems work stream with the configuration and testing of a new compliant system
- Assisting the remediation work stream to validate outputs and testing compliant pay models from the remediation vendor
- Supporting the team to enable data conversion e.g. annual leave hours to weeks, to enable data to be migrated to the compliant system
- Identifying and documenting process changes, decision documents, etc., to enable future-state compliance.
- Assisting to develop Holidays Act compliance measures to contribute to the transition to business as usual
- Providing technical support and advice to the remediation team as and when required
- Contributing to sub-groups to enable the delivery of specific tasks e.g. Terminated employee process, PAYG employee, etc
The Successful Candidate:
- At least 5 years experience processing complex payrolls in excess of 1000 employees, health sector based would be a major advantage
- Good understanding of the Holidays Act
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills, especially in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience in large volume data analysis
- Experience using AMS payroll is desirable
- Experience in payroll system implementations
- Experience in documenting payroll processes
- Available to start mid January, working full time hours
This is a great opportunity to use your skills assisting with an interesting project. If this sounds like the right move for you then please apply now with your CV be considered.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and the role may be filled before the closing date.